A yummy vegan dessert. Delicious served with soya custard – try it! It’s better than standard dairy custard (I promise ;).
- 2-3 large apples, diced into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup soya cream
- soya custard to serve
- puff or shortcrust pastry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (for greasing the tray)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Cook the apple with the other ingredients in a saucepan for 7 minutes or so until soft.
Grease a baking tray with coconut oil. Cut the pastry into 6 squares. Place the filling in the middle of each square and fold the corners to meet in the middle. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with vegan custard poured on top. Delicious!