This recipes make 3-4 small pizzas.
- pitta bread, flatbreads or pizza bases
- 1 jar green pitted olives
- sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts in olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 3 peppers of various colours, cores and seeds removed
- mushrooms, sliced
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- chillis, diced and deseeded (unless you like it spicy)
- dried herbs
Bake the whole peppers in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until slightly blackened. Remove into a bowl and seal with a plate or similar to let them sweat for 5-10 minutes. This will make it easier to remove their skins. Meanwhile blend the base sauce until smooth. Spread on the pizza bases.
Remove the skins from the peppers and slice. Add the onion, and remaining veg to the pizza. Season with freshly ground black pepper and dried herbs.
Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees) for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Eat immediately while the base remains crispy and warm.