Orecchiette is my favourite type of pasta and this recipe looks devine. I have modified it to remove the anchovies. For the original recipe (by Adelaide Lucas) go to Gourmet Traveller.
- 400g dried orecchiette (you can also buy this fresh from the supermarket)
- 400g broccoli, cut into small florets and stems thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced and finely grated rind
- 35 gm (¼ cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Cook orecchiette in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, add broccoli and cook until pasta is al dente and broccoli is falling apart. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add onion, garlic, chilli and lemon rind. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add to pasta with lemon juice and almonds, toss, season to taste and serve with finely grated parmesan.