One of my current favourite meals. So easy to make, healthy and tasty too.
- wholemeal pasta
- lemon juice
- chilli flakes / fresh chilli, sliced and deseeded (optional)
- Cook the pasta and when there is about 5 minutes to go until it’s cooked, throw the broccoli in with it.
- Strain the pasta and broccoli, but leave the stove on.
- Use the same saucepan you used to cook the pasta and broccoli to fry the garlic in the butter. Add lemon juice, then throw the drained pasta and broccoli back in.
- Add the capers, salt, pepper and parmesan to taste.
- Add chilli flakes or fresh chilli as well if you want a bit of bite.