A healthier alternative to chicken Caesar salad.
- free-range chicken breasts
- thai 5 spice seasoning or similar
- brown/multigrain bread slices (for croutons)
- haloumi, cut into strips
- cherry tomatoes, halved or whole
- red onion, sliced into rings
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- mixed herbs
- fresh parsley, chopped
Coat chicken in spices and fry in olive oil. Fry the haloumi in olive oil, then remove and squeeze the lemon juice over it to bring out the flavour. Fry bacon and then cut into small strips. Cut bread into small cubes and season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Sprinkle with olive oil and fry using the same pan as the chicken and bacon. Slice and wash the lettuce. Place all the uncooked ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Add the warm ingredients and toss again, then serve with a balsamic or lemon juice and garlic dressing.