A recipe from the SBS Food Safari.
- 500g Basmati rice steamed
- ¼ tsp black mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 50g freshly grated coconuts or shredded coconut
- 1 long green chillis thinly sliced on angle
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 handful picked fresh coriander
- 3 dessertspoon of olive oil
Use a non stick pan and dry fry the coconut until golden brown, then add the red onion mix with the coconut and add the chilli, curry leaves & mustard seed and cook for about 2 minutes.
Microwave the rice for a minute and add to the mix incorporating all the ingredients, finish with the coriander and the olive oil, season with some fresh sea salt and serve.