A recipe from Taste.com.au.
- 400g can mixed beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 celery stalks, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 8 (about 80g each) whiting fillets, skinned
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine the mixed and cannellini beans, celery, parsley, onion, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Sprinkle the whiting with chilli flakes and season with sea salt. Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat and cook the whiting, in 2 batches, for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Divide the fish among 4 plates. Serve with the bean salad and lemon wedges.
Source: delicious – February 2007, Page 133
Recipe by Kate Tait