This is another recipe from the SBS Food Safari.
- 2 long green chillies thinly sliced on angle
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoons minced ginger
- 1 brown onions finely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes skinned & diced
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 12 curry leaves
- Vegetable oil
- 4x200g portions of white fish
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the mustard seed & cumin seed and stir until it starts to pop, then add the onion, garlic & ginger and sweat for about 5 minutes.
Add the chilli & curry leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes then add the coconut milk, fish stock & salt and bring to the boil then simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Fry your fish skin side down in a fry pan until golden brown, then turn over and cook for about 2 minutes then add to the curry sauce, cook for a further 3-4 minutes, add the coriander to the sauce and serve.