Quick and easy to prepare muffins.
- 2½ cups self-raising flour
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 5 tablespoons poppyseeds (you can use more or less depending how much you like them 🙂
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup orange juice or lemon juice with water
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, finely grated
- 1 egg, whisked briefly
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a 12 hole muffin tray – don’t forget to grease the top and the muffins will expand over the lip of the holes.
- Combine dry ingredients. Whisk together wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined – don’t mix too much.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- After 20 minutes check a muffin with a skewer. If it removes clean, turn the muffins out on to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm and store the remaining muffins in an air-tight container.