Potato salad recipe like my mum used to make. Great for BBQs. This recipe makes enough for a side dish for 4 people.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced into small chunks OR
new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 stick of celery, chopped into small pieces
- bacon, 3 rashers
- parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- egg, boiled and quartered (optional)
- mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons
- seeded mustard, 1 tablespoon
- white wine vinegar, 1/3 cup
- olive oil, 1/4 cup
Boil potatoes for 10-15 minutes until just done. Fry bacon until crispy and dice into small pieces. When potatoes are just soft, drain and rinse with cold water to stop them over-cooking. Mix together mayonnaise, seeded mustard and vinegar in a salad bowl. Add olive oil and mix well. Add potatoes, celery, bacon, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mix gently.