Delicious fish recipe from the British Potato Council on the BBC Food website. Try serving with wilted spinach and/or garlic green beans.
- 4 x 175g pieces of cod fillet, skinned
- 1 lemon, rind and juice
- 50g butter, melted
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 6 tblspn finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 700g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150 ml milk
- extra butter
1. Place the fish in a shallow ovenproof dish and pour over the lemon juice.
2. Mix together the breadcrumbs with half the parsley, lemon rind and seasoning. Stir in the melted butter.
3. Press the breadcrumb mixture over the fish to form a crust, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 20 minutes, or until tender then drain.
5. Heat the milk to boiling point then pour over the potatoes and mash until smooth.
6. Stir in the remaining parsley and lemon rind and season to taste.
7. Serve the fish on mash immediately.