A healthy Thai red curry with lentils.
- onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- baby spinach leaves (optional) – or 1 tin or 150g frozen spinach
- 200g dried red lentils
- 700 ml cold water
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander, chopped (or powdered if you don’t have the fresh stuff)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried is ok if you don’t have the fresh stuff)
- pita bread (optional)
- curry powder (optional)
Fry the onion in a little oil. Add the curry paste. Add lentils and water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, coriander, oregano and cumin. If you are using it, add the spinach and mix through. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Serve with toasted pita bread sprinkled with curry powder.