Succulent sausages, fresh spinach and spicy cannellini beans make a delicious salad which could be eaten on its own or as a side dish. A recipe from Tesco.
- 4 pork sausages
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves,crushed
- 600 g cannellini beans
- 100 g baby spinach
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the grill. Place the sausages on a roasting sheet and put under the grill for 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through and golden. Cut into thick slices.
- Meanwhile, put the olive oil and garlic in a wide saucepan and heat gently for 1 minute. Stir in the cannellini beans and sliced onion. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and continue to cook over a low heat for 5 minutes to soften.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the sausages, along with the spinach, and lemon zest and juice.
- Transfer to a large salad bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.