This recipe is from the super foodideas magazine. You can either use the veges listed below for roasting or throw in your favourites instead.
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped into 4cm pieces
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped into 4cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut in 8 wedges
- 6 yellow button squash, quartered
- 3 roma tomatoes, quartered lengthways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 tablesppon extra virgin olive oil
- 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- rosemary (optional)
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place veges in large roasting dish and drizzle olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper and rosemary. Toss to coat. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender, turning once.
Once vegetables are nearly one, pour stock into a small saucepan, cover and heat until boiling. Add couscous, stirring once, then remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes (no peeking). Transfer couscous to a large bowl and add lemon rind, lemon jucie and extra virgin olive oil. Stir with a fork. Add chickpeas, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve with roast veges.
For a non-vegetarian version, serve with rosemary lamb cutlets instead of chickpeas.